Do Men Get Cellulite?
Cellulite is often thought of as an issue affecting only women. However, men can also suffer, although it is less common.
Do Men Get Cellulite?
Cellulite is often thought of as an issue affecting only women. However, men can also suffer, although it is less common. The reasons behind cellulite are complex, and it’s believed that up to 90 percent of women might experience the problem at some time in their lives.
Although the number of men with cellulite is rather less than that, a large proportion do experience the problem. The following looks into what cellulite is, the different grades, and what can be done to treat the problem.
All About Cellulite
- What is cellulite?
- Understanding severity and cellulite treatment options
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is a common problem that affects both men and women. It’s caused by an accumulation of fat below the upper surface of the skin that’s constricted by the growth of fibrous bands of collagen. This leads to a lumpy, uneven appearance. The most common regions it’s found on the body are the thighs, buttocks, hips, and abdomen.
Understanding severity and cellulite treatment options
The appearance of cellulite can range from very slight to severe. There are three grades of cellulite, as follows:
- Grade 1: This is where the appearance is mild. The skin takes on an orange peel-like appearance, with slight sagging or draping. The uneven appearance will have between 1 and 4 superficial depressions.
- Grade 2: Moderate cellulite will have more depressions, typically between 5 to 9, with a deeper sagging/draping between them. It might be described as cottage cheese-like to look at.
- Grade 3: This is the most severe level, with deep depressions numbering more than 10 and the skin appearing deeply draped. Another name for this level of cellulite is ‘the mattress phenomenon’, because of its mattress-like appearance.
Everything You Need to Know About Cellulite Removal
- Cellulite removal
Over the years there have been many different cellulite removal treatments on offer, with varying results. Thankfully, today’s technology brings some very effective medical treatments. Some of the best on offer include:
- Qwo: The first-ever injectable treatment that’s been approved by the FDA specifically for targeting cellulite. It works by breaking down the fibrous bands of collagen beneath the skin that cause the dimpled effect. This is a popular option as it’s not only effective but requires no anaesthetic or downtime.
- Cellulaze: This uses laser technology to target the fibrous tissue that’s responsible for making the fat bulge beneath the skin surface. The process is minimally invasive and requires little downtime. The results are effective and long-lasting.
- Surgical techniques: These include liposuction, fat transfer, and fat grafting. They are more invasive options but can have dramatic results, especially those for those with severe cellulite.
The key to good cellulite treatment and removal is to have the treatment or treatments that target your unique needs. What’s best for you depends on many things, such as the severity of the cellulite, your lifestyle, genetic makeup, and—of course—your expectations. Whether you’re male or female, living with cellulite isn’t something you have to simply put up with. Today’s cellulite treatments are effective, long-lasting, and minimally invasive. Looking your best has never been so easy, so it makes sense to take full advantage.
Contact Bayou City Dermatology for the Ultimate Cellulite Treatment
The best cellulite treatment is something that should be determined by a specialist. At Bayou City Dermatology, achieving great results is an area of specialty. Whether you need a minimally invasive reduction procedure, such as Cellulaze, or a surgical technique to remove and re-sculpt body areas, you can rest assured that your personal cellulite doctor consultation will create a bespoke plan to address the problem.
Visit https://www.bayoucitydermatology.com/clinical/cellulite to discover more about the treatment on offer and get in touch today to book your appointment.